Pumpkin Cupcakes + Cream Cheese Frosting
- Oct 26, 2016
- 1 and ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: orange sprinkles and candy pumpkins
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger together until combined
- In the bowl of electric mixer, whisk the granulated sugar and brown sugar until no lumps remain. Then add the oil on a medium speed until well combined.
- Mix in one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Followed by the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Set the mixer on low speed and slowly add the dry ingredients to the mix until combined. Once all ingredients are in the bowl, stop the mixer and scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, folding the batter gently to ensure it is all well blended.
- Spoon the batter evenly into your favorite WHB Baking Cups and place on cookie sheet for easy transport into and out of the oven
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean - Allow to cool completely and top with your favorite fall sprinkles and candy pumpkins!